Team News: Chelsea Fc.
Sarri reacts to Willian
The new Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri had mentioned Willian in his comment while in talk with the news reports. Sato complained of not seeing Willian yet has he is yet to make training after the world cup ended.
Reports holds that the blues had turned down several bid placed by Barcelona to buy the 29 year old attacker this summer, and Willian showing up to report to Cobham was rather for later than expected although other news feed reported that the Brazilian had passport issue which delayed his arrival.
Willian had been given prior permission to return late by the teams management but it was evident that his absence got to Sarri and had begin to weigh down on him as he spoke of Chelsea’s defeat to Arsenal through the penalty shoot out in the International Champions Cup.
“I want to speak to him before I answer these questions,” he said when asked if Willian had returned to training on Wednesday.
“I don’t know. I am not happy about the situation but I would like to talk to him.
“Is it strange? I think so.”
Chelsea star Willian along side Thibaut Courtois and Eden Hazard had been linked to movements to the Spaniard sides, reflecting between Barcelona FC and Real Madrid FC.
Despite all, the new Chelsea coach Sarri had notified he needs all his best players present in the club against all odds for the new season.
He mentioned: “In this moment [I can’t comment on it]. I will see them on Saturday for the first time so I don’t know the situation in this moment.
“We are talking about top players and I think every club wants to keep top players.”
Sarri also added that Callum Hudson-Odoi had made his list of his plans for the new campaign following his impressive game play against Arsenal in Dublin.
“He’s a young player,” he said. “We have to wait. But in the future he will be a very, very strong player.
“Will he be in the first team squad? I think so He will be staying with us for all the season.”